Friday, February 27, 2009

Someone call a plumber!!

We have had so many mishaps in like the past 36 hours. I mean it is just unbelievable! Its just been a roller coaster of ups and downs and crazy twists and turns.
Lets see here.. I guess I should start with late last night. Me and Rodger were sitting in the living room, kids were asleep, I think it was around 10:30ish.. I was rewinding the performances on Americas Best Dance Crew and he had gotten up to go to the bathroom. I'm sitting there just thinking to myself "I'm getting kinda sleepy, I'm about ready to go to bed", when all of a sudden I hear these two really loud bangs coming from the bathroom. I hollered at him to see if he was okay and the response I heard was something that sounded like a gush of water and some splashing and my name being screamed. So I jump up and run back there and see him standing over the commode water is shooting straight up in the air and is quickly flooding my bathroom floor, into my closet and bedroom carpet. Its really hard to explain this but my commode broke. I have never heard of anything like this or seen anything like it either but it was the tank that busted.. you know, the tank is the part behind the seat & its got the handle you flush with on it and the lid with the water in it.. I don't know if its called a tank but it sounds like a good description to me.. that thing busted and shattered into several pieces.
I mean, look at this:

I have never seen anything like this in my life!!

I think maybe he must have been in a bit of a panic or state of shock because the next thing he said was "what do I do?" hahaha.. Its funny when I think about it now because that is crazy that he would ask ME! How the heck would I know! I was just like "turn the water off and HURRY UP!!".. so... this is where it gets even more interesting.....
So... Rodger is trying to hurry and reach the knob to turn off the water and he finally gets it turned off.. I'm on my hands and knees with huge beach towels trying to soak up all this water and he turns around and it cringing in pain and I see blood everywhere! He gashed open his right hand index finger on a piece of porcelain!! Talk about adding insult to injury huh?!
So, I gave him a towel and told him to put pressure on it and I tried my best to clean up all the water (and there was a lot of it!). Once I got as much up as I could I had a moment to check out his finger and it was still bleeding. For those that don't know Rodger, he is really really squeemish (is that a word??) when it comes to things like that.. he's got a super weak stomach and hates blood and stuff like that.. so he was making it really difficult for me to examine. I tried wrapping it up with gauze and tape and it was just soaked with blood in no time. Now this is coming up on almost 12:30 in the morning and he's still bleeding so I suggested the emergency room, he really fought me on that one cause he really didn't want to have to go through that but after that much bleeding I finally got him to agree and his mom came and took him to the ER so I could stay here with the kids. Luckily he went when he did because he ended up having to get 4 stitches!! So they left around 1:00 & got home around 3:00-3:30ish (NO SLEEP!!).
So that was last night.. I have class all day on Fridays.. I did get some good news today.. I got an A on my Calculus test! woo hoo! go me! I'm so proud of myself! So class went well today, but Rodger had to get up early today and do a lot of stuff around the house. We're updating the light fixtures and fans and doing some repairs on some things, so he's been here working with Barton ALL day today and I got home about 4 and they were still working.. didn't get done until about 8.. good news there is the new appliances look AMAZING! I love it! I wish we would have done it a long time ago. (I totally meant to take before and after pictures but they started changing before I got take pics!) So after Barton Stacey and Elijah left I got the house straightened up and got Aubrey in bed, Tripp & Rodger & I all got comfy on the couch ready to watch a movie when Tripp started complaining of a stomach ache... This is not something out of the ordinary for him, he's got acid reflux so he says his stomach hurts quite often, so we didn't really think much of it.. until he got up and ran to the bathroom and threw up! Well he ended up throwing up like every 20-30 minutes for the past several hours and I called the Dr on call and he said we should take him to the ER! So Rodger is there with him right now.. he just called and said they are waiting to be seen. I'm really hoping this is just going to turn out to be some 24 hour stomach virus or something! He has never thrown up this much before.. I'm not going to be able to sleep until I know whats going on with them.. 2 sleepless nights in a row...
That makes 2 ER trips in less than 36 hours! What are the odds of that?!

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering why you never called back last night to come over. Dang! Is Tripp ok? I just tried to call you, but you didn't answer.

    ReplyDelete